Mysan has been practicing yoga for more than 20 years and teaching for more than 15 years. She specializes in Hatha, Yin and Yang yoga, as well as meditation. She is also a functional and variable anatomist and Oxygen Advantage coach.
Mysan is an anatomy nerd and studies regularly in wet labs to gain further knowledge about the human body, cell biology, neurology and our physical connection to ‘the bigger picture’ – consciousness or spirit, whatever you would like to call it.
For Mysan, yoga is a lifestyle and a constant study. A study to further our understanding of the human body and the functional ways we move as individuals in connection with ourselves, each other, Mother Earth and the wider universe. She practices and teaches a functional approach to yoga and body movement, with a deep and profound dose of philosophy and mindfulness weaved into her practice and teachings.
Mysan’s Hatha yoga lineage is from Krishnamacharya, providing a very individual focus to yoga. Ancient texts that have inspired and educated her are the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali as well as the Bhagava Gita and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Her ongoing study with teachers Paul and Suzee Grilley and Gil Headly allows her to dive deeper into anatomy, our being, meditation, philosophy and yoga. Mysan has had the pleasure of assisting Paul and Suzee in their Yin Yoga teacher training program, providing her with an even deeper understanding of how to share the yoga knowledge.
As a senior teacher with more than 9500 hours of teacher training completed, her passion is in educating others and helping them to become teachers. Conducting yearly Hatha, Yin and Yang yoga teacher training around the world, Mysan aims to share her knowledge about how to use yoga to promote health and happiness in the world.
Her home base is the Central Coast of Australia where she runs her studio The Sanctuary.
400 hours functional Hatha yoga, Bali
100 hours Yin yoga training, Bali
200 hours post-grad Yin Yang training, Bali
- 200 hours Yin and Chinese Medicine, Maldives (this is in collaboration with acupunturist and yoga teacher Sofie Ringsten)
Yoga philosophy courses
Anatomy, epigenetic, neuroanatomy courses, applied movement neurology sessions and courses
For Online Trainings hit the Online Courses above and enjoy exploring the different courses available.
If you are interested in educating yourself through Mysan’s teacher training courses and would like to know more about who you will be studying with, here are some of Mysan’s qualifications:
- Lymphatic Mojo and Glymphatic Mojo education with Dr Perry Nickelston, USA
- Breathless Instructor, Australia
- Oxygen Advantage Coach training, Ireland, Australia
- Anatomy courses, wet lab with Gil Hedley (ongoing)
- Applied movement neurology, AMN Academy, UK
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Diploma (1-year diploma, Qi Health and Yoga, Australia)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Paul Grilley (completed all 5 levels and she is continuing to study with Paul Grilley)
- Epigenetic, conscious and subconscious mind seminars Bruce Lipton
- Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Assistant teacher to Paul Grilley at his Teacher Training
- Anatomy for Yoga with Leslie Kaminoff
- Anatomy Trains Studies with Tom Myers
- Anatomy Wet lab studies, Wollongon University
- Remedial Massage Therapy Diploma (1-year diploma, Massage Akademy, Sweden)
- Anatomy Studies for rehabilitation and range of motion (1-year diploma, Massage Akademy, Sweden)
- Chakra Balance and Meditation Teacher Training with Paul Grilley
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras studies with Paul Grilley – 100 hours and ongoing
- Bhagavad Gita studies with Paul Grilley – 100 hours and ongoing
- Reiki Certificate 1 and 2 (Qi Health and Yoga, Australia)
- Meridian and Chi Flow science (Ongoing Apprenticeship with Acupuncturist)
- Certificate 3 Fitness Instructor (Fitness Institute of Australia)
- Bachelor of Business (Macquarie University, Australia)
- Master of Commerce (Sydney University, Australia)
- Sport Science modules (Macquarie University, Australia)
- Nutrition and Chef Degree (Ljungstedska Skola, Sweden)
- Senior First Aid
- International Experienced Senior Teacher registration with WYA.
Subscribe for news and updates